Wednesday 20 February 2019

TMJD - Temporomandibular Joint Disorder #ForeverYoung


This probably doesn't have much to do with signs of ageing so much as it can be a way of slimming your face, but I recently heard about a treatment for TMJD (temporomandibular joint disorder). This is a condition that I suffer with. It is caused by the fact that I grind my teeth at night, which is also slowly eroding my teeth by creating cracks in my molars (which eventually lead to breakage). (It also causes jaw pain, jaw clicking and popping and sometimes even a "locked" jaw.)

I was watching some YouTube vidoes where people were having various anti-ageing treatments and showing how successful or unsuccessful those treatments were in their anti-ageing efforts, when I came across a video where a young woman had treatments to slim her face. She had a very slim body but couldn't manage to get her face to slim down. She had TMJD as well and her dentist treated her with Botox injections into her jawline on both sides. Apparently, the muscles in her jaw were quite enlarged because of all the teeth grinding and jaw clenching she did in her sleep and the Botox injections helped stop her from doing that by weakening those muscles. It also, eventually, slimmed down her face somewhat by reducing the size of her jaw muscles. (she then went on to have some further, different, fat-melting injections in her face though, which had nothing to do with her TMJD.)

Now, my face, at my low weight, is almost too slim, so I'm not really worried about making my face less round. However, I am really upset about the damage my teeth-grinding is causing to my teeth, so I'm excited to hear about this possible treatment. I will be asking my dentist about this with my next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment